Friday, February 15, 2013

From Mama -Valentines Day

Ok, ok, so I'm only making this post because I did some crafty things for Valentines Day this year, and I just love the way they turned out.  (Also, my mother in law really wants me to send pictures to my sister in law, and I am not going to send them to her via my phone, I'm sure she'll think I'm crazy ha ha... Lindsay, this is for you).

It's really no big deal, I just made an "I Love You Because" board for Sam, sometimes I feel like I don't tell him enough, and I felt like this would be a good reminder.

I bought a 4X6 picture frame from the dollar store and a used a piece of scrapbook paper to cover the frame.  Then I bought chalkboard paint and painted the glass... (I just liked the chalk idea more than dry erase right on the glass, plus who won't find more uses for chalkboard paint, especially with two one and a half year olds?).  SO simple, but turned out really cute.

I didn't want to waste the remaining paper so I set out to Pinterest to find another cute idea... there I found this cute "52 Reasons I Love You" book made from a deck of cards (which I just happened to have laying around).  So used the excess paper to make a front and back cover.  I wrote out reasons I love my husband one night while we were laying in bed waiting for the boys to fall asleep... it was much easier with him sitting right next to me, completely clueless as to what I was doing.  Listing reasons was actually a lot easier than I expected it to be... it was actually harder to narrow it down to 52 once I got going.  Then I typed them all on the computer and went through and made them all different fonts, just because I thought it'd be a little more fun.  I took the cards to work to use the fancy 3 hole punch that I could change the length on (it would have taken WAY too long to do them by hand, and nothing would have lined up).  I just think it turned out so cute.

The last thing I made for him was a card on treat.com.  I just thought this one was so clever and cute, and encompassed our whole time together.

My mom thinks I'm cute... I told her that people on Pinterest are cute and thrifty, and I'm just a copy cat.  I do love the way my copy catting turned out though.

Also, I've wanted to make the boys blankets since I was pregnant, just simple tie two pieces of fleece together blankets, nothing fancy.  I was so set on finding Mariners fleece though, that I never actually did it (the only design I could find online wasn't cute).  So I finally found some cute fabric and set out to make them some blankets from their mama.  They are SO soft, so cute, and they fleece is kinda heavy, which makes me sleep better and I have noticed makes them sleep better as well.  I only got one finished by actual Valentines Day, so I haven't given them to them yet, but I'm working on the other one and they will have them soon.  I also made them kinda big so they can use them for a very very long time.  I still have blankets I was given as a kid and I love them!

Here are pictures from our week of love...

It's all about love, right... I can't make a Valentines post without including pictures of the loves of my life, they are just so darn cute.
Pay close attention to the positions they are in... ha ha ha 

 They are just too cute when they sleep... this is when I get all my stuff done.
Chalkboard...





The left is lyrics to songs... it's a thing we've always done.  

Sorry... I just thought they turned out so pretty.  I made the frosting as well, colored and raspberry flavored with Jell-O


 I am really in love with these blankets.  They are the same, so I am considering putting a little initial in the bottom corner for each of them... we'll see.


 This is what the boys got on Valentines Day, since their blankets were not finished... boats (for the bath), play keys (they will play with them better now than they ever would have before), maraccas (which they LOVE) and of course a box of chocolates.

 This is what Sam's stash looked like... 

 My littlest Valentines making a mess of breakfast and watching Mickey Mouse.

1 comment: